If you’ve ever searched for any product on Amazon, you know how valuable the site can be. Not only does it have a massive selection of products from third-party sellers, but it also has user reviews and product recommendations to help you find what you want faster.
This is thanks to something called Amazon A9. It’s one of many algorithms that Amazon uses to keep its search results as relevant as possible. In this post, we explain what Amazon A9 is and how it affects your SEO strategy if your business sells products on Amazon.
What is Amazon’s A9 Algorithm?
The Amazon A9 algorithm is the system that powers Amazon search. It’s the thing that brings up the results on the Amazon website when you search for something. A9 is different from Google in many ways, including the fact that it doesn’t only use keywords, which can make it a little more challenging to optimize your Amazon product listings. There are tons of myths about what Amazon’s A9 algorithm looks for when determining which products to show in search results.
Amazon search looks at several different factors, including sales history, product listings, customer reviews, and your product’s relevance based on what other people are searching for.
How does Amazon A9 Work?
When a user searches for something on Amazon, the A9 algorithm is used to create a list of results. To determine which results to show, A9 examines each product’s title, description, price, and other elements to assess its relevance to the search terms. Amazon will then create an “affinity” score for each product, which is based on a variety of factors. Some of these factors include:
- Sales history- Amazon tracks how many units of a particular product have been purchased, when they were purchased, and what other products were purchased at the same time.
- Product listing- The text in your product title, bullet points, pictures, and other fields on the product page can affect your score. A9 looks at what other customers are searching for. If your product is relevant to a high number of searches, it’s likely to rank higher.
- Customer reviews- Good reviews can help increase your score, whereas negative reviews can hurt your score.
- Keyword importance- The keywords on your item page assist Amazon in determining the item’s function. Your product’s detail page is one of the most critical aspects of your Amazon
What can you do with Amazon A9 to Boost your Amazon SEO?
Amazon is known for its heavy focus on user experience, so it’s important to keep this in mind when optimizing your product listings. You can definitely do a lot better with the help of Amazon A+ Content. The following tips can help you boost your Amazon SEO with A9.
- Use Keywords- Similar to Google search results, Amazon’s A9 algorithm places emphasis on keywords. The best way to incorporate keywords into your product listing is to use them naturally in your product title.
- Get High-Quality Product Photos- Amazon’s A9 algorithm does consider product photos of great significance. Hiring a professional photographer is the best way to ensure your product photos are high-quality.
- Include a Compelling Description- Your description should be longer than a couple of sentences. Be sure to include all the relevant details about your product, as well as a call to action to encourage people to buy.
- Include Detailed Product Specifications- Amazon’s A9 algorithm looks for specific product details. If you’re selling electronics, for example, you should include their wattage and voltage, frequency, and other relevant details.
- Keep Your Product Competitively Priced- Pricing is another essential factor that affects both the customer’s final decision and Amazon’s A9 algorithm. The best way to keep your prices competitive is to use a product profitability calculator.
Conclusion: Understanding Amazon A9 Algorithm
If you’re selling on Amazon, you must understand how the A9 algorithm works. Because it is the system that powers Amazon search. The best way to optimize your product listings for the A9 algorithm is to use the tips listed above. They can help you get more sales and improve your Amazon SEO. If you already have an established brand presence on Amazon, you can still benefit from SEO.