Amazon Brand Registry in 2023: A Step-by-Step Guide to Register your Brand on Amazon
Amazon's brand registry is a program designed to give manufacturers a unique identity on the site. This helps prevent sellers from creating accounts with similar names and launching a new product as their own version of it. Implementing the Amazon Brand Registry will help your company stand out from your competitors on Amazon.
The brand registry also makes it easy for customers to identify authentic products and sellers by verifying that every brand has a unique name, logo, and manufacturer code. Amazon's brand registry is an opt-in program available to all sellers who manufacture their own products, brands, or suppliers who manage the launch of new products on Amazon. Let's learn more about it.
What is Amazon's Brand Registry?
Amazon Brand Registry is the verification of Amazon sellers that each product sold on Amazon is part of an identifiable product family. All registered brands are given a unique Amazon Standard Identification Number (ASIN), and the brand owner is required to enter the product listing details for each product family.
As a registered brand on Amazon, you don't need to create new listings for each product, and you can also use your brand's logo on product pages and packaging.
How does Amazon Brand Registry Work?
If you are a supplier of products, you can use the brand registry to register your brands and upload your ASINs. This lets Amazon know that those brands belong to you and helps prevent other sellers from creating new accounts with similar names and launching a new product as their own version of it.
If you're a manufacturer and you have your products, you can use the brand registry to register your brands and upload your ASINs. This helps Amazon recognize your brand and prevent other sellers from creating new accounts with similar names and launching a new product as their own version of it.
Few Advantages of Amazon Brand Registry
- Easy brand management: Brand owners can set up and update their product information from a single place.
- Prevent brand hijacking: The brand Registry helps you protect your brand from hijacking by non-authorized sellers.
- Brand clarity and consistency: The brand registry allows you to use the same name and logo for every product in the Amazon catalog. This helps avoid any confusion among customers.
Why is Registering your Brand Important? Key Points to Know
- Registering your brand with Amazon can help to attract new customers and retain existing ones.
- Customers are more likely to buy products from Amazon when they trust the seller, according to a report by data company Statista.
- On average, Amazon sellers with a registered brand earn a pretty hefty amount compared to those without a brand.
- Brand-registered sellers are also accepted into the Amazon Brand Registry program, giving sellers a leg up against their unregistered competitors.
- Customers may click on the “brand” tab while browsing the Amazon product catalog, where they can find information about your company, such as your contact details and return policy.
Takeaways: Understanding Amazon Brand Registry
Branding your Amazon business is critical. By registering your brand, you get access to several Amazon tools that make it easier for customers to find and buy your products. Branding is also important because it helps you stand out from your competitors on Amazon.
You'll want to consider brand registration if you manufacture your own products or sell products that you didn't create. It can help you stand out from your competitors and give customers more confidence in your products. Apart from all the legal and legit merits, the one that should top the list is the pride of owning a brand.