In this Downstream by Jungle Scout Review, we will be looking into all the important parameters on whether Jungle Scout Downstream is a good choice for your Amazon selling operations or not. As an Amazon seller, advertising is something that really matters and can be an important factor in upscaling your Amazon selling operations.
As with most marketing techniques, there is more than one way to approach Amazon advertising. It is not a set-it-and-forget-it type of platform; you need to stay on top of things and monitor performance regularly to see what is and is nott working for your business. With so many different options, it is easy to get confused. Does the placement of ads matter? Which ad types are best? Is there a right time of day to advertise?
Table of Contents
Downstream by Jungle Scout Review
If we look into Downstream or Amazon advertising as a whole, there are a number of tools and Amazon seller suites available in the market that offers several features or easy management and access to advertising operations. Well, if we consider Downstream it has been a popular choice among Amazon sellers for keeping an eye on the analytics and performing advertising operations in an automated manner. It is worth mentioning that Downstream has now become a part of Jungle Scout after they raised a whopping capital of $110 Million. Downstream can be an excellent choice for sellers that work on Amazon and Walmart for their business operations.
In an overview, Downstream by Jungle Scout can help you in multiple aspects including automation, easy reporting, custom dashboards, Bulk actions, DSP data, and much more. In addition to all this, it is worth mentioning that Downstream by Jungle has been trusted by popular brands and agencies like hp, Mutesix, Libbey, etc. As a business owner or seller that works on Amazon and Walmart, it can be helpful in an advertisement, sales, and branding, we will take a deeper dive into these aspects in the later sections.
Get 50% OFF on Jungle Scout Half-price
What is Amazon Advertising?
Amazon advertising is a way to increase sales and build brand awareness by placing ads on Amazon. Depending on the type of ad you choose, ads could appear on search results pages, product detail pages, or the Amazon shopping cart page. Amazon has several different types of advertising, including Sponsored Products, Headline Searches, Product Displays, and Product Ads. Sponsored Products and Headline Search Ads both appear in search results, product detail pages, and the shopping cart. Product Display Ads appear in search results and on product detail pages. Product Ads only appear on product detail pages.
Since you might have got an overview of what Downstream is and what Amazon advertising is? Lets take a deeper dive into the features offered and how Downstream by Jungle Scout can be helpful for Amazon Sellers & Walmart Sellers.
Downstream Features | Downstream Review
As a Downstream, you will have multiple factors covered up and this basically includes the following.
Automation of your Selling Operations
For someone who is into selling operations, continuous tracking and making the needed changes for their running ads can be really tough. Well, Downstream covers a number of advertising and automation-related operations. Below mentioned are some of the operations that are covered under automated operations:
- Sales Maximization: Downstream makes sure you meet your budget targets every time and maximize sales while keeping ad spending on pace. Also keeping a track of each and every dollar spent, overall great in terms of tracking.
- Goal Targets: Downstream also offers this feature to set a goal based on your target RoAS or ACoS. The Official website of Downstream also states that they have certain machine learning algorithms that tune the campaigns while adjusting the bids set on keywords, based on target RoAS and ACoS. Overall, complete assessment based on goals.
- Daypartying: Downstream also ensures that the ads are delivered at the most effective times of the day by allocating and controlling spending down to the minute. This way you will not run out of budget during peak conversion periods or when competitor budgets are depleted.
- Getting the Best Keywords: Downstream also enables you to get along with the new and effective keywords that can be really helpful for your advertising operations.
- Shelf Planning: Downstream covers and looks after the products and keywords that are performing well. Basically working for a single keyword and achieving a place on that perfect keyword for selling operations. This as a result will help you in protecting the branded terms while ensuring that your products are shown for a certain term that is important to you.
Insights and Analytics of your Business
The insights can be helpful in measuring the effectiveness of your advertising against key goals to ensure you are getting the most out of your budget. Downstream offers these intelligent insights and recommendations, you can track performance and make well-informed decisions. Here are some of the parameters that are offered by Downstream and can be helpful for Walmart & Amazon sellers.
- Custom Reports: Downstream enables you to export and download custom reports and snapshot data at any time period, which can be readily interpreted and disseminated to key stakeholders and leadership teams. As a result, better target strategies can be made anytime.
- Shelf Intelligence: The Downstream also enables you to get along with powerful insights that can help you in making a better understanding of search trends and making your strategies likewise.
- Product Ranking Insights and Leveraging them: Look into the hot-selling products and understand which keywords are ranking where and what keywords can be focused on and can be leveraged to gain better results.
- Historical data: Downstream also gives access to historical data that can also be used to check year-over-year growth. This historical data includes search trends and other important data that can be used for your Amazon selling operations.
As an advertisement management and optimization tool, downstream enables you to work with a high volume of data that can be easily managed in a single place.
- Bulk Editing: Being able to edit multiple ads and keywords in a single place can be helpful for multiple campaigns.
- Quick Filters: Downstream also offers quick filters that can help you in getting along with multiple options for filtration based on labels, thresholds, campaign types, keywords, etc.
- Universal Account Portal: Downstream offers this feature to manage all your accounts in a single place. This can be an excellent thing for Ecommerce businesses that manage multiple accounts or multiple marketplaces (Amazon & Walmart).
Downstream can also be an excellent choice among organizations and high-scale Amazon sellers that have a team. Some of the features include:
- Team Roles & Permission settings: This feature can be helpful for better management of roles along your team.
- Secured Data: In addition to all the features, Downstream securely keeps the data after you have given them permission to access it.
Now that we have looked into all the features that were worth mentioning, it is time to move along with the pricing.
Downstream Pricing Plans | How much does Downstream Cost?
Downstream basically does not have a pricing plan mentioned on its website. If you are looking forward to getting along with Downstream, all you need to do is request a demo by filling out the form mentioned on the pricing plan page. All you have to do is fill in some of the basic information including Name, company name, annual revenue, monthly advertising spend, selling platform, etc.
Top FAQs on Jungle Scout’s Downstream Review 2023
When is the Best Time to Run an Ad?
The best time to run an ad is whenever you can get the most value from it. For example, if you need to reach those last-minute holiday shoppers, running the ad in December would be ideal.
How much does an Amazon Ad Cost?
The unfortunate truth about Amazon ads is that they are not cheap. Depending on the type of ad you want to run, you could be spending anywhere between a few hundred to a few thousand dollars per day.
What plans are offered by Jungle Scout’s Downstream?
Downstream does not have any pricing plans mentioned, in order to get a demo of Downstream, all you need to do is get along with filling out a form.
What are the key points to consider before starting an Amazon ad campaign?
Some of the key points include:
○ Target audience and customer reach you want to target.
○ How much are you willing to spend on Ads?
○ Conversion rate and other important parameters.
Conclusion: Is Downstream by Jungle Scout a good-to-go choice overall?
If you are an Amazon seller and seek to get more in terms of advertising, Downstream can be an excellent choice to move alongside with. Similar to many top-tier Amazon sellers tools in the market that offers some excellent features or in-built tools to perform Amazon advertising and campaigns, Downstream can be an excellent choice to move along with.
The only thing that was a con from my perspective was the pricing plan and not getting more of an overview of how Downstream works, you will need to request a demo which might be a time-consuming process for Amazon sellers, whereas on the brighter side it can be a good choice in terms of making Downstream fall into the premium tool segment. Overall, the ad spending budget along with other features of Jungle Scout Downstream can be an excellent choice to move on with.
Hopefully, this Downstream by Jungle Scout review has cleared some of the common doubts that you might be having regarding the tool.